Frequent Flyer T-Shirts
Ratings & Reviews
View From the Wing
Though more and more leisure travelers are becoming mileage junkies, the frequent flyer programs wouldn't have grown to their current size and popularity if not for business travelers. The statistics below were taken from a study conducted by the Travel Industry Association of America.
||:: U.S. Business Travel Statistics
- 3% of business travelers travel outside of the U.S.
- 47% of business travelers reported that their last trip was to attend a meeting, trade show, or convention, as opposed to other activities, such as consulting or making a sales call.
- The average business trip lasts 3.3 nights.
- 20% of business travelers report that they combined work and vacation on their last trip.
- There were 43,900,000 individuals who traveled on business in 1998 -- or one out of every five American adults.
- The average business traveler is 42 years old.
- 60% of business travelers are men.
- The average business traveler takes 5.4 trips each year.
- The average business traveler earns an annual salary of $76,100.
- In the 1990's, there were an average of 200,000,000 business trips taken per year.
- With 25% of business travelers visiting the South Atlantic region of the U.S., it is the most common destination for working road warriors.