Late-Breaking Program News Continental OnePass and United Mileage Plus Mileage Transfers
(Posted: Mar 7, 2011)

Although United Mileage Plus and Continental OnePass won't be combined into a single program until next year, frequent flyer members can freely transfer their miles between accounts now.

There are a few restrictions to keep in mind when transferring miles. You can only transfer miles once per day in 1,000-mile increments, up to 200,000 miles per transfer. You can only transfer miles between OnePass and Mileage Plus accounts in your name and you can always move the miles back if you change your mind, but you will need to wait 24 hours.

Most transfers will post immediately, but some transactions may require additional processing time. Your name and address must match to be eligible to transfer miles.

Members can also combine their elite activity. If you're an elite member of OnePass or MileagePlus, your elite status will be matched by the other program. Also, any elite-qualifying miles or segments earned in 2010 in Mileage Plus will be added to the elite-qualifying miles or points you earned in OnePass. For example, if you earned 20,000 OnePass EQM and 5,000 Mileage Plus EQM in 2010, those miles will be combined and you will receive 2011 OnePass Silver and Mileage Plus Premier status.

You must register to combine your elite status earning and designate either OnePass or Mileage Plus as your primary account for upgrades for the year. You will receive your regional and systemwide upgrades only in your designated account, not in both accounts. If you don't register, you will continue to earn elite status based on your activity in each separate program and your elite-qualifying miles, points or segments will not be consolidated.

LINKS: Transfer miles: http://united.com/transfermymiles
Combine elite activity: http://united.com/combinemyactivity

TJ
posted: Mar 7, 2011 at 7:26pm (MT)

I tried the link you suggested but it didn\'t work..are you sure you can transfer all miles or is it just elite...i got a msg saying to try again later. I want to move United miles over to Continental

Brex
posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 3:04am (MT)

I had the same issue as TJ. Found out about this from the Continental elite desk then immediately tried to use it. Have received this message for about an hour now:

ACCOUNTS NOT MATCHED:
The Mileage Plus and OnePass accounts do not match. Please call the customer service center of your primary account. If you have done so and are still seeing this message, please contact the Mileage Plus Customer Service at 800-421-4655 or OnePass customer service at 800-554-5522. (TR501)

Anyone else able to get through yet?

TI
posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 4:13pm (MT)

I was able to get through immediately and my miles were transferred immediately - no problems at all. Perhaps your name and/or address do not match in both accounts?

Marty
posted: Aug 4, 2011 at 2:47am (MT)

Apparently the names have to match exactly. One of my accounts has my middle initial and the other does not. Even though I specified the accounts and the passwords, the brainiacs behind this bit of code were not smart enough to match on last name (or first and last name). Pisses me off how stupid some of these web applications are...

Debra Bentley
posted: May 9, 2012 at 3:01am (MT)

My husband and I still have accumulated miles from
Continental Airlines. Have these automatically been transferred from the OnePass program to the new United Mileage Plus or do I have to call and do the transfer? Do these miles still exist?

Dylan
posted: Jan 27, 2014 at 7:15am (MT)

I still have accumulated Silver Elite miles from

Djay Alanso
posted: Oct 18, 2014 at 5:30pm (MT)

I wanna know how many mileage

Lesley J Scurlock
posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 11:54am (MT)

I am a member of One Pass through Continental. I haven't been updating this account since Star Alliance took over. Can I still use these points and do I have to open a Mileage Plus account?

Ferdinand Fulgencio
posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 1:22am (MT)

I had a OnePass frequent flyer account with Continental. I have not linked this account to my United Mileage Plus account since the merger. I don't recall having to use a PIN before. Will I still be able to merge the two mileage programs into United. I only know my OnePass number?

DORIS GUERRANT
posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 3:16am (MT)

As of July 20, 2015 I haven't transferred any miles because I don't know how to do it. I want to transfer my Continental miles to United. How do I do this?

Yvonne L. Taylor
posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 8:42pm (MT)

I have some air miles that I would like to transfer but am not sure how to do this. Please help me & advise what would be the best way to get the most advantage of the miles I have. Thanks.

JessMacLeod
posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 5:40pm (MT)

I would like to know if my husband and I still have valid One Pass miles. How do I find out?

MAX CHAMPACO
posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 6:04pm (MT)

I had a OnePass Continental frequent flyer account with Continental and United Airline. I have not log in on both account.I don't recall having to use a PIN before. Will I still be able to merge the two mileage programs. I forgot my Continental and United Account number and Pin Numbers? Please advised

Regan
posted: Mar 17, 2016 at 12:14am (MT)

I need some information on my One Pass member. My ID Numbers are GP535046; GP837591; GP535591 and GP536325 - Please verify that these accounts are still open and how to I add my last trip to the one Pass Mile. We just came back from Punta Cana on United Air. We plan on traveling in the near future as well.

Thank you for your help.